I recently purchased a Mercury SRS (no gps) from a good friend which he never used.
Before he gave it to me, he told me that when setting up the Mercury in a model, with the unit on its own ( no switch, no OLED, no RX, nothing connected) he accidentally connected one 3S lipo to one of the ports to measure the length of the battery cable when setting up the model. The unit was never turned ON as nothing was connected. As he said, he heard a noise and tiny spark on the Mercury MPX connector thinking that it was probably the battery as sometimes they do funny noises when connecting to a model.
He realised afterwards that he mistakenly connected a 3S... shortly after he put together the unit with a 2S lipo, the Mercury worked fine, RX connection is ok on both ports, servos move and as per the OLED voltage is being regulated.
I am a bit worry as although it works on the standl, will this be ok to fly?, will the regulators be ok inside?, I am putting a new model and don't want to burn any servos or even worse a crash while in mid air cos of the Mercury failing in the future.
Not sure what to do.
Any feedback will be appreciated.