Receiver update from Core

• I can't download the .pdu files to my computer. I'm sure I am missing something. I get "the file couldn't be downloaded" if I click the link it opens the source code page. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Hi

Not sure what you try to load?

All necessary files are included if you download the Terminal.exe from PB Website

https://www.powerbox-systems.c…ds/powerbox-terminal.html

After installing new TerminL on your PC, select „Core-Update“ inside Terminal, using an empty USB-Stick and update the Core-TX.

If the Core Update was made, all files are on the Core-TX, except Language files.

If the Core Update was made, all compatible receiverfiles can be selected, if you try to update a receiver

Regards Rainer

• I can't download the .pdu files to my computer

You must download the files to an USB-stick. As Rainer mentioned, the stick must be empty. The terminal-app will formate the stick anyways and all data on it will be deleted. So the terminal makes Sure that there is only one valid file on the stick.

Good luck,

Tom

• Today I tried (again) to update my PB receivers from the Core (v1.95). The installation I was operating with had 2 x PDR 26D receivers and both were v2.5. I wanted to update them to v2.7. The first one timed out and then showed the current version as 0.0. The second one also timed out but stayed at v2.5. Eventually I removed both receivers from the plane and updated them via my PB USB cable and my PC. The corrupt receiver I had to recover first before updating to v2.7 and the other receiver updated fine.

This is now the 3rd of 4th time that I have had this situation. I have only been successful once with a receiver update from my CORE.

What am I doing wrong?

JanR

• I agree with Pigna, in the past, I had issues always when I had radio really close to the receivers. It stuck on some percentage, or the update failed. But it is written in several threads in the forum - radio should be at least one meter far from the receivers.

• maybe your Core is to close to the receivers when updating? I always keep the Core 2 or 3 meters away from the model, and never had a problem!

I agree with Pigna, in the past, I had issues always when I had radio really close to the receivers. It stuck on some percentage, or the update failed. But it is written in several threads in the forum - radio should be at least one meter far from the receivers.

I am very much aware of this problem with the CORE, my transmitter was more than 2 meters away from the model.

JanR

• Hello,
    Having the same issue as Springbok Flyer to update my receivers... (2 x PBR-26D).

Updated one through the radio and the update got stuck at 59%...
    Took them out of the plane and trying to update them through the computer / terminal... just keeps on "Searching receiver PBR26D..."

Any advice?

• Thank you Richard...
    Recovery worked... but then I had a problem with the GPS II as it was not communicating with the PDS-26D. (I have Power Expander with 2 x PB-26D's, one 26D with iGyro Sat and other 26D with GPS II on Y-lead).
    Had to remove GPS and reset it to P2Bus through Terminal...
    All working fine again...