IGyroSat Update

• Hi Ian,

sure, wired connection is always the best, agree. But also in the field is sometimes good to have opportunity to change setup. Honestly, I'm using only Mobile Terminal for all settings, but with BLE BlueCom. Not needed laptop, independent of the place/area........

Cheers

Rudolf

• Hi Rudolf,

I think you misinterpreted what I said, I only use Bluecom also, what I meant was I connected everything correctly (I.e. wired the Sat to bluecom and battery via “Y” lead etc).

If my bluecom as you state is not good enough for the iGyro update, that is disappointing as I have to go buy another one, when I already have already bought one in the past!

• Hi Ian,

no, I fully understood what you said. 'Classic' or 'Standard' Bluetooth connection is not fully usable for some applications, there is big difference in time lag and latency between BLE and standard. Therefore some parts of applications can be designed only for BLE. Anyway, BLE is preferred by all phone vendors, does not matter if Apple or Android (Apple for instance not supporting standard Bluetooth).

As we tested, old, or standard Bluetooth is working with iGyro SAT on Android versions lower than 10. We do not know what Android changed, but the time lag is extremely high value against older versions. That's Android, unfortunately one system with different behaviour on different phones, I'm so sorry.

Regards

Rudolf

• Obviously you would not downgrade you operating system!! - that’s my point.

Great business model to make people buy new PB products - first time I’ve been disappointed in PB in all the years I’ve used and supported you, hey ho!

Thanks

• Hm, this limitation is only for one device iGyro SAT and only for the old BlueCom adapter and only in case of the latest Android. All was fine for older Android, right now I'm trying to start update for Android 11 and old BlueCom. It's not possible, for some reason Android is responding too late, not within 100ms, as was in case of older version of Android.

In case of BLE adapter always is the response within 100ms and update starts.

From my point of view that's technical issue, not business model.

Wishing you nice evening

Rudolf

• So I found 2 older mobile phones and both had Android 9 on them, one phone, Samsung S8 the “Start” button for updating on the SAT screen is not even visible as it’s dropped off the bottom of the screen as the text etc is too big. On the other which has a larger screen, the button is just showing (but only just) and still nothing happens. So it not happening even on the older OS as you stated.

• just tried it on Samsung tablet with Android 9 and old really old Samsung phone with Android 8. On both devices was able to start update of iGyro SAT.

EDIT: What phone you re using now? I will test it

EDIT 2: Because I have really plenty of testing phones, I tried also run old BlueCom on RedMi and S9. Redmi Android 10 - working, update starts, S9 Android 11 started at 4th attempt, there is really issue with time lag. I will consult this issue with Google, if exists some possibility to solve it.

• hello, just got response from Bluetooth chip vendor. They are on it. We will see in next two days.

I will inform you immediately, in case, when we will able to fix it for old BlueCom and Android 10 and 11, then we will release hot fix!

wishing nice day

• hello, just got response from Bluetooth chip vendor. They are on it. We will see in next two days.

I will inform you immediately, in case, when we will able to fix it for old BlueCom and Android 10 and 11, then we will release hot fix!

wishing nice day

Hi Rudi

Is there any known issues with the older PB BlueCom adaptor for iPhone? I was watching this thread and was curious if I need to get the new version for future support?

Rich

• Normally all BlueCom adapters work. If the mobile phone (Android) manufaturers decide not to support regular BlueTooth anymore then yes: Our customers with older Android BlueComs need new hardware

• Hi Rudi

Is there any known issues with the older PB BlueCom adaptor for iPhone? I was watching this thread and was curious if I need to get the new version for future support?

Rich

no, iPhone - iOS adapter is absolutely okay without any changes and issues. It's related only to Android.

• I’m not sure what the issue is as ordinarily the Bluecom is a great bit if kit as is all PB goods. My concern is that the isat simply won’t update! And with all due respect you can tell me it works fine your side but for some reason I can’t get it to work. I have always managed to find ways to get things to work as I’m a test engineer by trade and have used PB products for many years mostly without any issues at all particularly around updates. Richard may remember the RPM sensor issue with DA-70 (for me anyway) which was a definite issue!

I’m just finding it most unusual that the update is not starting - none of the update process for PB products is difficult.

Like I said I’ll try and borrow a USB cable and see if that works first.

• I’m not sure what the issue is as ordinarily the Bluecom is a great bit if kit as is all PB goods. My concern is that the isat simply won’t update! And with all due respect you can tell me it works fine your side but for some reason I can’t get it to work. I have always managed to find ways to get things to work as I’m a test engineer by trade and have used PB products for many years mostly without any issues at all particularly around updates. Richard may remember the RPM sensor issue with DA-70 (for me anyway) which was a definite issue!

I’m just finding it most unusual that the update is not starting - none of the update process for PB products is difficult.

Like I said I’ll try and borrow a USB cable and see if that works first.

If something is technically not possible, you can't get managed nothing, that's fact!

But, after couple of days, big discussion with producer of BlueCom chip - old BlueCom version, seems we got solution :-)

Give us couple of days, and we will release new version, where will be possible also fast ping of initial packet. They are sure that it should be work, but bluetooth will be switched to special mode and after update will be switched back.

We will inform you when we releasing the special version :-)