PowerBox CORE Servo Twitching/Jerking/Jumping with Champion SRS

• Hello,

I recently got my CORE radio. I also have a Champion SRS and 2 PBR-26D receivers. The CORE radio is updated to 3.25, Champion SRS is 0.1.0 and the PBR-26Ds are 2.7. Everything is updated to the latest version. The TX settings in the Champion SRS is P2-Bus S.Bus. Framerate is set to 18ms. One receiver has a Y connection to the telemetry port in the Champion SRS and is connected to RX2 in the Champion. The other receiver is connected to RX1 in the champion. Both receivers are connected into the P2-Bus port and NOT the fast track/data port. Batteries are Li-Ion 5800Mah set to 7.4volts. I created a new model in the CORE and I setup all of the functions. When I bind both receivers and turn on the system, all of the servos are twitching/jerking. This happens randomly and moving the sticks on the radio makes the twitching even worse. The servos just jump around all over the place when I have the system turned on, even when I don't touch the radio sticks, the twitching/jerking of the servos is very severe and changes all of the time. Even the center position of the servo keeps jumping around. I've noticed when the CORE radio is turned off and the Champion is ON, the servos are normal and no twitching occurs. The moment I turn on the CORE radio, the twitching/jerking of the servos begins. Richard, if you happen to read this message, I'd prefer if you could give me a call at +1 517 375 5338. There's a lot of stuff to explain and it would be better if we'd talk over the phone. I'm completely lost on this issue and don't know what to do.

Thank you.

• I've decided to reset the Champion SRS to factory settings. I made sure it was then updated to the newest version. Nothing changed. The servo twitching/jerking happens all the time. I've noticed if I move the throttle stick up and down, the jerking/twitching on all servos becomes even worse.The twitching/jerking is when worst when I move the sticks around but is still very bad when none of the sticks are moved on the CORE radio. I haven't even assigned the output mapping of the Champion SRS yet and all of the servos are jerking very badly. I don't know what to do. I've tried every possible solution at this moment and I'm simply lost at this point.

• Here is a comparison of my Champion SRS settings and CORE settings. This was before the reset of my Champion SRS. I plan on re-doing everything the same way if I can get rid of the twitching. Again, resetting the Champion SRS had no effect on the servo twitching. Deleting and making a new model also had no effect on the twitching/jerking of all servos in the plane.

Champion SRS:

Throttle: Channel # 3, Port - B

Choke: Channel # 10

SparkSwitch: Channel # 9

Smoke Pump: Channel # 11, Port - C

Left Aileron, Channel # 1

lnboard Servo: Port - S

Middle Servo: Port - T

Outboard Servo: Port - W

Right Aileron, Channel # 6

lnboard Servo: Port - H

Middle Servo: Port - G

Outboard Servo: Port - D

Rudder, Channel # 4

Top Servo: Port - L

Bottom Servo (Master Servo): Port - K

Elevator: Channel # 2

Left Elevator: Port - P

Right Elevator: Port - O

CORE:

Aileron Left - Servo 1

Aileron Right - Servo 6

Elevator - Servo 2

Rudder - Servo 4

Throttle - Servo 3

Choke - Servo 10

SparkSwitch - Servo 9

Smoke Pump - Servo 11

I will also add that the servos aren't responding precisely with my stick movements either. For example, when I move the rudder stick on the Core, the rudder servo will jump to the left if I move the rudder stick left but will jerk/twitch/jump afterwards and do its own movements and vise versa for right rudder.

• VALysako1228

Changed the title of the thread from “PowerBox CORE Servo Twitching/Jerking with Champion SRS” to “PowerBox CORE Servo Twitching/Jerking/Jumping with Champion SRS”.
  • Hello,

I recently got my CORE radio. I also have a Champion SRS and 2 PBR-26D receivers. The CORE radio is updated to 3.25, Champion SRS is 0.1.0 and the PBR-26Ds are 2.7. Everything is updated to the latest version. The TX settings in the Champion SRS is P2-Bus S.Bus. Framerate is set to 18ms. One receiver has a Y connection to the telemetry port in the Champion SRS and is connected to RX2 in the Champion. The other receiver is connected to RX1 in the champion. Both receivers are connected into the P2-Bus port and NOT the fast track/data port. Batteries are Li-Ion 5800Mah set to 7.4volts. I created a new model in the CORE and I setup all of the functions. When I bind both receivers and turn on the system, all of the servos are twitching/jerking. This happens randomly and moving the sticks on the radio makes the twitching even worse. The servos just jump around all over the place when I have the system turned on, even when I don't touch the radio sticks, the twitching/jerking of the servos is very severe and changes all of the time. Even the center position of the servo keeps jumping around. I've noticed when the CORE radio is turned off and the Champion is ON, the servos are normal and no twitching occurs. The moment I turn on the CORE radio, the twitching/jerking of the servos begins. Richard, if you happen to read this message, I'd prefer if you could give me a call at +1 517 375 5338. There's a lot of stuff to explain and it would be better if we'd talk over the phone. I'm completely lost on this issue and don't know what to do.

Thank you.

Hello Victor,

I don`t know the Champion SRS I only have Mercury´s but please be so kind check and report your TX setting inside the Champion.

Since P2Bus is not the same like Sbus.

BR

Dirk

• Hello,

please follow the settings and connection from here: PowerBox Royal and Core P²-BUS Setup

You didn´t write the correct Champion Software version - so I don´t know what settings are correct.

If you are below XX.10 then you have to set the Fastrack output of the receivers to S.BUS. With that you go into RX1/RX2 of the powerBox. The P²-BUS is only for telemetry in that case.

There are not many things to check - it works with a few adjustments.

• The Champion is set to P2Bus S.Bus, again P2Bus S.Bus is the only option that I've selected. Don't get confused with the S.Bus option. That is a totally separate setting which I don't have it set to that.

• Hello Richard,

Sorry for the wrong labelling. It is version 10 which I have updated. Both receivers are connected to the P2Bus ports and go to RX1/2. One receiver has a Y-Lead to the telemetry port in the Champion.

• Well I think I figured it out. I moved both the RX cables from P2Bus to Fast track data. I used a separate lead from P2Bus in 1 receiver to the telemetry port in the champion. This was done just like Richard said for the older Royals in compatibility mode on the PowerBox forums. I changed the system from P2Bus to S.Bus and matched the Framerate for both receivers in the CORE to 18ms and 18ms in the champion SRS. And boom, everything works excellent right now! My champion is 3+ years old way before the core came out and that's why it wasn't working with P2Bus. My next Champion was purchased about 6 months ago so that should work with P2Bus.