Powerbox Competition and Futaba SBS02G telemetry unit

• Dear all,

I have a Futaba 18MZ World Champion transmitter using for my Edge 540, 2.7m. I am using a Powerbox Competition (a couple of years old) with the latest software update and to it I have linked a Futaba R7014 14 channel HV receiver. In addition, I have a Futaba SBS-02G telemetry unit, which is correctly plugged to the SBUS2 as per the instructions. However, the telemetry does not really work and I get very weird readings

1. Does anybody have an idea how to link ensure the PowerBox competition works with the telemetry unit. I am looking to get displayed: Altitude, Speed and Distance.

2. Are there any compatibility issues between Powerbox and the SBS-02G?

Thanks - any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! :):):)

Boris

• Hi Richard,

Thanks - I am not fully sure that I completely understand. So you are saying that:

- The single cable of the Y harness should go into the SBUS2 into the receiver

- The first of the two Y harness cables should be connected to the PowerBox teleconverter and then into the PowerBox unit

- The second of the Y harness cables should be connected to the SBS-02G telemetry sensor?

Does that sound correct? Not experienced with setting it up in that way, but appreciate if you could please help with some more details.

When I read in the Teleconverter manual it says:

If configured as PowerBox sensor, the following data can be transmitted:- Battery voltage, battery 1 and battery 2- Residual capacity, battery 1 and battery 2- Number of Fades, RX1 and RX2- Number of Lost Frames- Number of Fail-Safe events.

Hence, would I be able to also receive GPS (e.g. Altitude, Speed and Distance) data as well in this setup?

Note that I have this model of Powerbox Competition:

PowerBox Competition w/ Sensor Switch (OLED Version)

- The single cable of the Y harness should go into the SBUS2 into the receiver

- The first of the two Y harness cables should be connected to the PowerBox teleconverter and then into the PowerBox unit

- The second of the Y harness cables should be connected to the SBS-02G telemetry sensor?

That´s correct

You must understand that the GPS is one sensor and the PowerBox/teleconverter is another sensor. The PowerBox Sensor has nothing to do with the GPS sensor!

You have to check that the GPS has another slot address than the teleconverter (8 or 16 depending on the age)

For more inofrmations about the Futaba telemetry bus pls contact your Futaba distribution