smokepump and Spectrum DX20

• hello, I have a smokepump that was on a 40% aircraft with a JR12X, it is less than 3 yrs old, I had been able to program it on 12X as it was an older firmware version, and set it to about 35% at full throttle, I have since changed to DX20 and i am trying to setup the pump, im not sure exactly what the pump is looking for for endpoints , I am using a mix to throttle and OFF is -100%, the pump starts to come on at -50%, so i set the high range at -30%, thinking thats 20% PUMP operation(50-30), if that is how the pump works can I expect -0- to be 100% pump operation????? and do i need to set any endpoints on servo travel menu prior to setting up mix?, we test ran in yard and it seemed to be pumping way too much at that setting in mix, and even kept smoking some at idle even tho i had set mix to shut off below 30% throttle. i realize the best way is to set on knob and test for max smoke before you see either no more or engine change and I can do that but i would like to understand exactly what the pump is looking for as a baseline setup. any help with this is greatly appreciated .

• Hello,

to find the best value is to run the engine. Turn on the pump and dial the throw down as long as the smoke remains identical.

Once the Smoke becomes less you found the perfect point

• Ah - it´s -100% to +100% in the older pumps

V4 is 0% to +100%

Hello Richard

I have a PB smoke pump I purchased used.

Can the user update the smoke pump from v4 to a newer version?

I have the standard pump and would like to know if it can be set to the negative values for pulse mode.

Thank you

Rich

• Hi Rich,

If you want "pulse mode" - VSpeak sells a unit that works very well with the CORE and the older PB smoke pumps. It can also be linked for telemetry - simply connect between the smoke pump and the P2-bus. Send Volker an email and he will help you I'm sure.

JanR

• Hi Rich,

If you want "pulse mode" - VSpeak sells a unit that works very well with the CORE and the older PB smoke pumps. It can also be linked for telemetry - simply connect between the smoke pump and the P2-bus. Send Volker an email and he will help you I'm sure.

JanR

Thanks Jan, I will check that out.

I have VSpeak turbine telemetry unit and it works very well.

Rich

• I did the mixing but when activated the pump from the switch it is not working until I throttle up. I would like the pump works at 30% on idle and 100% on half to full throttle. I try to do some settings but the only thing I found is to make it work 100% on half throttle but on idle is 0%.