Posts by Si_B

After unsuccessfully trying to servo match my flaps, I did it another way. However I had to reassign new outputs as I couldn't work out how to remove the servo matching which I'd programmed in.

Is there a method for doing this which doesn't need you to reset the mappings?

Regards,

Simon

Might try again with a bit more speed on my passes. I thought the instructions said slow pass but I might have interpreted that wrong.

On my igyro 3e and Mercury I thought you could set gains for both normal and heading? I just wondered why it defaulted to half the gain values when using the fly assistant.

I had another two flights after my initial set up and in a full throttle pass I got no oscillations even with the high gains. The jet is quite big at 2.5m so maybe it needs the x4 gain.

Flying on Sunday, will post back any adjustments. Thank you for the response.

Simon

Flew my Aurora jet at the weekend with my new Powerbox Royal. Never used the assistant before and was a bit nervous. I went through the flight with no problems but was concerned how high I turned the gains up without seeing any oscillation. I wondered if you could answer a couple of questions for me.

1) Why does the assistant require a slow pass to set the gains?

2) I notice that the assistant has set lower values for the heading assist mode compared to the normal fm2. I've not had the numbers set like this on my igyro 3e or the Mercury. Both of these had similar numbers for fm2 and fm3

3) My Arouca is a big model which I've bought for smooth and precise aerobatics and not for blasting around. Should I go back and change anything to try and get it to oscillate or just leave the high values (I think elevator and ailerons were in the high 80's with no sign of oscillation)

The model flew perfect and the Royal was easy to set up all the functions I wanted (first time using servo match). I just want to make sure I'm using the Royal at it's optimum settings.

Regards,

Simon

I've just acquired a model using a Royal RRS, an igyro 3e and running one Futaba 6014 rx. Even though this set up works I'd like to run twin rx's. Am I right in thinking that I will run the main controls from each rx into the Royal e.g. Aileron, elevator, flap, rudder (same channel order on each rx) and then run the matched outputs for twin ailerons, twin elevators and the single rudder into the igyro3e between the royal and the servos?

Easiest thing to do would be to just leave it as it is, but this is a big jet and it seems silly not to use the redundant receiver option.

Regards,
    Simon

Tried this last night and it was very straight forward. Had to change my new GPS to igyro to work with the igyro3e and whilst I was there I updated the igyro3e.

Very impressed and so easy just using my phone.

Simon

Can the GPS2 be upgraded or change its setting via the Bluecom, or does it need to be done via the terminal usb.

Simon

From the manual:

Range B, gain control 0% to -100%: by default this range includes a Heading setting on
    aileron and elevator in addition to the Normal setting. The default setting for rudder is Normal
    only, i.e. no Heading.

So unless you want to change it, the rudder will stay in "gain control" no matter what range you have the gyro in.

Simon

Richard,

I've just got one of these to fit to my new jet to replace the 6014HS rx. Just like the bonus of having dual redundancy. I am powering it with a Gemini 2 so I have redundancy of the power supply as well. Is it worth making a new lead to being the two power leads together to plug into the multiplex socket on the side of the unit or can I just run the two power leads from the Gemini to spare servo slots on the expander.

The second option means I don't need to make up a special lead, but wanted confirmation that it will make no difference to the power supply to the unit.

Regards,

Simon

Rich,

Was this an updated message for me or have you posted in the wrong thread. Since our last discussion my Mercury and telemetry have been working 100%.

Regards,

Simon

Thanks Richard,

I will plug it in and see what happens. wonder if it might be worth doing my set up without the GPS and then repeating with it. I assume I should see an increase in the gains with the GPS compensating?

Regards,

Simon

Do you need to change any settings on the GPS 1 to work with the Igyro3e?

Mine came with an SRS igyro, but as I'm not using that, I thought I could use the GPS 1 in my new jet.

I've updated my GPS2 previously, just wanted to check if the GPS 1 needs to be set to "igyro" or something else.

Tried using the GPS2 on the terminal, but it just says no powerbox device connected.

Regards,

Simon

Richard,

Just to clarify then, do I need to change it again to "igyro" or can I now leave it set to "Royal SRS". I was getting no telemetry with the settings it arrived with (new in the box set to M-link), but obviously now telemetry such as altitude and distance is working perfectly (I can't check speed till I fly again).

Sorry for keep coming back, but I need to get this right.

Regards,

Simon

Richard,

Just changed the settings on the GPS2, and the option for RoyalSRS was there this time, so selected that and fitted back into my model. I'm now seeing the telemetry on my 18mz which was not there before.

I assume that as my GPS2 was not set correctly it would not have been regulating the gyro during flight, so I will have to go back and adjust that once I have the model back in the air?

Could you please confirm that I now have the correct setting for the GPS2 and my Mercury.

Again, thank you for your advice and quick responses. I feel like I've just gone through a very steep learning curve!!

Regards,

Simon

Just to check, is the "Royal" setting the same as "M-Link" ?? (just looking at the photo from the set up thread, I can't see an option for Royal in the telemetry options?)

Simon

Richard,

Thank you again. Not sure why it was set to M-link as it came with the Mercury, but would explain why I was not getting any data. Does that mean it wouldn't have been doing its job for the gyro either when I was flying?

Will change tonight.

Regards,

Simon

Richard,

Apologies, I read your post on the FAQ and didn't notice that it will take longer for the GPS2 to be ready for the terminal if set to sbus2, so that is all good and I've been able to check the setting.

Could I please ask you to confirm what setting the GPS2 should be set to work with my Mercury and Futaba. The GPS2 is connected to the Powerbox, I then have the Teleconverter connected to both the Powerbox and the sbus2 port on my primary receiver. I can see that the tx is receiving the telemetry signal, but at the weekend no data was being seen on the tx.

Will leave the GPS2 set to sbus2 and await your advice. A lot of people were having a good look at the Mercury in my model at the weekend, I think you have a winner on your hands there !!. I had 5 flights but only the last 3 were with the gyro activated. We had a strong crosswind and the model flew like it was on rails even though I'm sure the set up still needs more work.

Regards,
    Simon

Richard,

Flew the model at the weekend and it all went well. Only issue is I'm seeing no data from the telemetry. My teleconverter is registered in the tx, all latest software etc. Someone mentioned there was an update for the GPS2. I've just done that (even though I think it had the latest version already). Whilst in the Powerbox terminal I noticed that the GPS2 was set for M-link, so I changed that to sbus2. I've now got two issues.

1) Should I be setting this to Sbus2 even though the GPS2 is connected to the Powerbox?

2) I've tried to go back in to the Powerbox terminal (not changed anything in the connections), but it just keeps telling me there is no powerbox device connected?

I'm now stuck and not really sure what is going on.

Regards,

Simon