Posts by cespedes

Hi Richard,

I'm performing the testing with (1) servo to keep this simple. When I set position 1 (red circle) to a rate of 100% and position 3 to something less, like a rate of 30%. Then I set run time to 5 sec for the <- and -> arrows, I am seeing differential speeds of the servo. I believe this is due to the program calculating the time indicated against amount of travel. The result appears to be it adjusts the speed to accommodate the indicated amount of travel within the time specified. Issue is, I don't see how we would be able to program the speed for the travel for position 1 -> 2 independent of the travel from 2 -> 3. As they are both in the same direction but at different rates. In this example, right arrow (->).

If this is not making sense, I can try to take a video of the screen with the settings and the servo movement. If this is expected behavior, it is ok, I just want to make sure I'm interpreting the setting correctly and not doing something incorrectly. I have tested the delay function in Flight modes, but I use speed for other behaviors not related to a flight mode.

Hi Fellas,

I've just completed the conversion of three planes from Futaba to Core. So far, the process has been very smooth. I'm very happy with my decision to shift vendors.

I do have a question related to servo speed. I have been testing the use of run time under the function menu for this. But the settings effect on the surface appears to be directly related to the travel percentage setting. Which presents itself as a problem if you have asymmetrical travel between positions. Example, if I set position 1 to 20% travel and position 2 to 60%, and I set the run time to 4 seconds for both <- and ->, the result is a slower speed for the lower rate position. I tried to work around this by setting different run time values for both <- & ->, but there is always a small differential between the two positions. I hope my question makes sense and I am not missing something related to the use of run time. Any help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, how are you adjusting servo speed on asymmetric servo curves? Worse case scenario would be for me to adjust the speed in the servos, but I would prefer to adjust this in the radio.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the reply. I think I may have deleted and then re-added functions, and that may be why it was inserted back higher into the list. But i did not use the exact same name, so it does not appear to be driven by the function name when it is re-added. Is it that a index is being used for the list? And when a function is deleted that spot/index is now empty or vacant, then the next addition reuses the spot/index? I'm sorry if that seems unclear, just trying to understand the logic so I can work with it.

If the potential exists of getting the ability to sort these lists in the future, it would very nice! Or possibly editing the list/structure offline by exporting the config onto a laptop would be ok too. lmk.

Hello,

What logic is being used to sort the function list? It is not alphabetical by name or by channel. Initially, I thought it was based on when the items were added, or by age/last modified, but then I added a new function and it was inserted into the middle of the list. I can't determine what logic is being used.

I'm a bit of a control freak and I usually keep a strict order. Being able to sort the list would be very helpful. Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

I am coming from a 18mz, I did not have dot buttons to use until now. To answer your original question, all my models are mechanically set close to zero on the knobs while tracking straight. This method has worked well w/no issues for years. That said, I really like the dots much better, I'm going to stick with them.

Hello Fellas,

I'm setting up a new core, I typically use the LD knob (Futaba) for trim for the nose-wheel. I tried to reproduce this on the core but it will not allow me to manually set it, and it does not recognize the movement when I turn RO-A left or right when teaching trim input in the function menu. I can use digital trim or push buttons for this, works fine, but not the proportion controls.

Anyone else run into this?

Note: very sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and did not see anything related to RO-A or B. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Is it possible to set a sbus channel in the pump? I do not use pwm connections from my rxs & would prefer not to use a decoder for the pump.

I have a fairly large model with multiple servos per aileron and I assign separate channels to each. Can I use the input mapping of the Pioneer in the following way?

ail1 = ch1, ail 2 = ch2, ail3 = ch3, ail4 = ch4, elevator1 = ch5, elevator2 = ch6, rudder1 = ch7 and rudder2 = 8, and configure the left wing panel channels as a group ( ch1 and 2) and the right wing panel channels as a group (ch3 and 4) and have the two sides work independent of each other but together as a panel? In other words, the gyro will use the corresponding channel groups when correcting. Similarly, the elevator and the rudder would be 2 additional panels the gyro would treat as a channel group for the second and third axis.

Does that make sense? Obviously I would use different channel numbers, I picked a incrementing sequence of numbers to try and explain what I am doing. Not sure If I am explaining this correctly, I hope it is clear. If so, this is a feature which has been lacking outside of the Royal and it would be AWESOME! Let me know.

Hello,

I need to order frames for the 2800 series batteries and do not believe they are available anymore. Can someone advise if the frames for the PowerPak batteries work for the 2800 series? Are they interchangeable? I do not believe they are due to the size/shape of the batteries, but I am hoping I get lucky. Thank you in advance.

ok - I'm kind of stuck now, as I already purchased and installed all of the equipment. ugh... <X

I looked at the PB Source & it looks like a nice unit. I see it supports 2x20amps vs 2x10amps when compared to the SSv3. But it uses MPX to JR leads for the connections to the RXs (2x MPX / JR). So the benefit would merely be on the unit capacity and not the cabling. I would remain dependent on two JR connections for the total system servo draw. I don't know - I need to think about this more. I may just test what my total system draw is when I push all of the servos for certain maneuvers and decide if 2x10amps will suffice. I appreciate your help, thank you.

Richard, this is more or less the design I was attempting. Then I noticed the ports in red would not support the sbus signal. I do not believe this is a product malfunction or short-fall. I think I incorrectly assumed any of the ports could be used for input or output. Similar to a Futaba terminal box.

Note: I already had the iGyro on-hand, this was the main driver for the design. It kind of forced me to have to accommodate the 2xJR servo leads for the serial connections. Bummer.

Hi Richard, it is actually a 35% aerobatic plane. It is not a small plane but I'm trying to keep it as light as possible. This is why I have a single powerbus lead to the tail to feed (4) servos with a powerbus adapter. A single powerbus lead to the nose to feed the ignition and throttle servo, using a PWM to bus adapter for the ignition sbus decoding. To keep weight down and the setup simple, I decided to try the new v3 sensor switch for redundant battery power. In the middle of the plane I have a powerbus to bus adapter I planned to use to connect the DIG-OUT SRS serial connections and the battery leads to the servo ports. The labeled Input/Output ports I planned to use to make the powerbus MPX connections to the tail and nose. That was the plan until I noticed that the PowerBus to bus adapter may be dropping the sbus input signal from a servo port. Can you confirm that you cannot use the servo ports on the adapter as a serial input connection from the iGyro SRS DIG.OUT ports?

Hello,

Can the servo ports on the Powerbus to BUS adapter be used for serial input? I have not tested it, but I believe it would not work as each adapter has an amplifier, and this function (I think) takes place on the signal coming in on the MPX input port. That said, would the signal come into the sbus system on a servo port without amplification? Or would it be blocked/ dropped?