Posts by cespedes

Hello Richard,

I hope all is well. I am in the process of staging a new model and I have a question related to sbus channels vs servo matching. I am testing the Royal SRS with dual R7008SB receivers and BLS177sv servos. I have a 4 aileron servo setup, two servos for each wing half. I've assigned a sbus channel to each half or each set of servos. So left wing is ch 1 and right wing is channel 6. They appear to be working in synchrony, but I have not installed any of the linkages yet, so I cannot tell if there will be any binding. My question is the following, would the preferred way to implement this type of setup be using 4 channels, 1 for each servo and matching 2 sets servos? Example, left wing being channel 1 and 9, and right wing being channel 6 and 10. Then matching channel 2 to 1 for the left wing and matching channel 10 to 6 for the right wing. What is your recommendation? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Steve

Is there a way to connect both a Sensorswitch and a Magsensor at the same time to a Royal SRS? I find it would be ideal to install the SensorSwitch inside the fuselage and use the Magsensor to poweron and poweroff the system from outside. Disconnecting the magsensor each time you want to click through menus will be a hassle. thank you.

sc

Hi,

I setup the system on a bench to test the system, and all looks ok. When I packed up the system to put it back into their packages I started by unplugging the GPSII. When I did this I tested to see what the status would look like on the LCD. IT stayed at "OK", I waiting like 5 minutes and it never changed. Why is this? what are the different status states which could be expected for GPS and what conditions are the triggers. Thank you.

sc

I understand, but my question is the following. I'm currently running v4 on a 14SG. Are you saying the transmitter will discover the Powerbox sensor as Powebox once Futab releases their next release. My question is when is this planned? I intend to ask Futaba as well, but I assume you have some type of insight.

sc

Hi,

I'd like to understand the time frame we should expect before Futaba supports the powerbox sensor? I bought the Royal under the impression I would be able to transmit the GPS details, and frame loss, fades etc... and I cannot use it. I only get battery volts, capacity and load.

sc

HI,

Can you tell me the URL or IP Addresse(s), could be more than 1, and the ports the terminal program uses. I assume it is only using FTP but I prefer not to assume. i need this to open these ports and IP address in my firewall so the terminal can work properly.

sc

Hi,

What type of connector does the LCD ribbon cable use to connect to the Royal? I need to use a short extension, less than 6", and would like to buy an off the shelf cable. thank you.

sc

Richard,

Thank you. I'm thinking of buying two 2800s for this capability, but before I make any changes to the design, perhaps I'd better simply ask your opinion. For a model with 9 x BLS177SV servos, which batteries would you recommend?. I understand it's a trade-off, flight duration vs weight, I'm looking for 4-5 x 15minute flights out of the rx packs. Weight difference is about 2.05 ounces between two 4K and two 2.8K. So weight is a negligible factor, but the tri LED is a nice feature. Help me put that aside and look at this pragmatically and decide based on application. Which is optimal for my use case? Thoughts? Are the 4K overkill?

thanks in advance.

sc

Hello,

First of all, excellent products. I just purchased (2) 4K mAh LiPos. I would like to know if you intend to support the tri color LED function to monitor charging status, like on the 2.8K battery. It would be very useful for me as the batteries are deep in the nose of the plane. I intend to use a charge extension and would like to leave the batteries in the plane while charging. Seeing the status on the side of the battery may be difficult, especially if outdoors.

Also, if support is intended, will this be something we can use on current gen batteries or would I need to re replace them?

thank you.

Steve