Posts by BWUK

Hi 28Squadron,

I have a Carf P47 running on a mercury - same principle just slightly less capable. I run 12 channels but that's only because I've been lazy. As Richard says, you can double up the controls on to a single channel. It's a little challenging to start with but once you understand the PB way of doing things it all becomes very easy. Loads of willing support on this forum - not least from Richard who appears not to sleep very much given his speed of response!

Good luck with the project - you'll love the 'Jug'!

Best

Bob

No problems here either. If you have problems it's worth reformatting your USB stick. All my issues went away when I did this.

Bob

Hi Richard

Am experiencing the same issue. Mercury with two 26D rx. Mercury at v10 and set to P2Bus - GPS at v15 and set to igyro/mercury/royal. GPS plugged into Mercury GPS socket. Unable to get GPS to appear on Core Sensor list. When updating GPS with Temrinal, GPS initially gives slow green flashs but then moves to rapid green flashes before it's detected by Terminal. Rapid green flashes remain until unplugged. Is this relevant?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bob

Some interesting comments here.

My take - if you didn't realize that you were at the start of an interesting and, for me exciting, journey by purchasing a Core then you weren't paying attention. I didn't buy into the journey for what Core could do at the start. What excites me is what is coming. All that's needed is a little patience - sadly that's something that is becoming quite rare.

For me - I'm just happy that there are people out there like Richard and his team who are prepared to risk their time, money and reputation on creating something that really will take me, at any rate, to the place I want to be.

And - notwithstanding all the pressure that Richard has placed himself under to undertake such a challenge, at ALL times he has communicated clearly where he is in the development cycle and what is likely to come next. The only thing that he can't be expected to get right is the precise day when the next release will occur. And if you think that he should be able to do that then you know less than zero about the management of complex projects and particularly when they involve software.

Oh - and through it all - he still manages to answer my questions - and usually within a couple of hours - sometimes faster.

Name me one company in the world - anywhere - that treats its customers so well.

For me its enough to say "thank you Richard - I look forward to the next release".

Bob

Hi Richard,

Just wanted to say thank you for what you've brought to us this year. The Core must have been a major challenge for you and your team and I just wanted you know that - at least from my point of view - it's very much appreciated.

Happy New Year

Best

Bob

..ah ok - thanks for the clarification. So settings in the Core will always override any other settings even if the Core was set up independently of a powered up PowerBox?

Bob

Hi Richard

Prior to Core all failsafe activity was controlled by my Royal / Mercury devices. Now I have Core I set Failsafe in the Tx but they are still set in the Royal / Mercury. The settings should obviously be the same for both Core and other devices. However, I'm wondering if there is the potential for any conflict between the two sets of settings in the event that they are set differently. Equally, if failsafe is set in the Royal / Mercury but not in Core I presume Failsafe will still work?

Thanks for any clarification.

Bob

Hi Richard,

I've found the problem. I have PB extention leads on the switch and screen. I've just removed those to rule them out and the unit now works correctly.. So - I have a defective lead. All the pins are good so it must be somewhere in the ribbon. Guess I should have checked it before. Something else learned!

Best

Bob

Hi Richard,

I have a new Mercury as yet unflown which gave a Regulator Malfunction message during the set up phase. I tried the usual trick of making sure that all the switch postions were correct and so on but without result. The Malfunction was on both sides. I sent the unit in for repair and I received it back today (thanks for the fast turnaround). Unfortunately the unit is still displaying the same message. I only have the PB batteries connected. If the unit isn't defective and I only have PB batteries connected I'd be grateful for any thoughts you might have as to the possible cause? Could it be the switch?

Thanks

Bob

Hello Rainer,

Could you explain a little more please? Not sure what you mean by 'Chance the model on the Core Transmitter'

Thanks

Bob