Posts by marksp

[user = '4033'] hansa [/ user] - I tried the same setup using multiple SSPros and experienced the same issue. SSPro gets hot, LED blinks when using PowerPak 2.5x3 (12.1v). Tested same SSPro with 2S PowerPak 2.5x2 and it works fine (LED solid, operates cool), but not enough voltage for the rainbow-tronic ignition.

As Richard stated - there is an issue with rainbow-tronic + SSPro + 3S

Ultimately switched to the rainbow-tronic ignition switch which supports 20v with PowerPak 2.5x3 and a separate RPM sensor to support CORE telemetry.

Yep…that’s te setup i use on all 2S LiPo ignitions as well. Unfortunately the rainbow-tronic Moki ignition requires 3S LiPo. When 3S (PowerPak 2.5x3) connected to SSPro and rainbow-tronic, the SSPro gets hot, LED blinks and igniton goes into fault mode.

To get RPM on CORE, i replaced SSPro with rainbow-tronic ignition switch for power. Connect Jeti MRPM (Hall) sensor to Smoke-EL Tele-bridge for CORE RPM telemetry widget to support prop testing and general tuning.

Decided on a different approach for Moki ignition with RPM telemetry. Convinced the 3S LiPo is the source of the conflict (SSPro works fine with 2S) I switched to rainbow-tronic DZS_2 digital ignition switch assigned to CORE switch. Connecting RPM Tach output to Jeti MPRM Hall and Smoke EL Telebridge over P2Bus to CORE. Haven’t sorted how to get voltage or capacity of PowerPak 2.5x3 ignition power source, but Moki RPM on CORE via this setup.

-—————————-

From the rainbow-tronic web site - https://rainbow-tronic.de/en/telemetry.html

The following table shows the assignment of the 2 wires (blue and gray) for the telemetry systems of different suppliers.

Please note, we can not supply the information of all systems in the market, especially when we need the support of the manufacturer of the radio systems.

This table will be extended frequently, as soon as we receive proven information or tested configurations.

configurations.

ManufacturerModule / modulesAssignmentSpecial features / comments
    JetiMRPM HallBLUE / BLUE => minus

GRAY / GRAY => signal
    Plug and play

From the rainbow-tronic web site - https://rainbow-tronic.de/en/telemetry.html

The following table shows the assignment of the 2 wires (blue and gray) for the telemetry systems of different suppliers.
    Please note, we can not supply the information of all systems in the market, especially when we need the support of the manufacturer of the radio systems.
    This table will be extended frequently, as soon as we receive proven information or tested configurations.

configurations.

Hersteller / Manufacturer Modul / Module Zuordnung / Assignment Besonderheiten / Comments
    JetiMRPM HallBLAU/BLUE => Minus
    GRAU/GREY => Signal
    Plug and Play

Ordered the Jeti MRPM Hall sensor & the Tele-Bridge. Hopefully they are compatible with the RPM Tach output from the Rainbow-tronic ignition for the Moki 250.

I’ll share the results

Cheers

How can I display CDI based ignition telemetry on CORE without SparkSwitch Pro? Are there other CDI RPM telemetry sensors that work with CORE?

Thanks

Hello,
    Tried yesterday with an emcotec kill switch (RCS), engine started normally.
    Tend to confirm the sparkswitch malfunction or incompatibility with my ignition..
    Shipped it to you this morning.
    Regards.
    Arnaud

I’ve tried the same configuration as you, except SparkSwitch Pro set to unregulated with 3S PowerPak and Rainbow-tronic. With this setup the SSPro gets hot and SSPro LED blinks red and ignition light blinks.

If I replace the SSPro with mechanical switch or directly connect the PowerPak, ignition works fine.

I’m concluding some type of incompatibility.

I'm also experiencing the SSPro over heat and flashing light condition. Set up:

- Moki S250

- SparkSwitch Pro set to unregulated P2Bus channel 12

- PowerPak 2.5x3 Pro

- RainbowTronic

- Royal SRS

- CORE channel 12 end points set to 0 - 100

- CORE SSPRo voltage telemetry widget shows 12.1v

When I power Royal on, SSPro LED blinks and gets very warm. Any ideas to make this work?

Is DigiSwitch a better option?

Using PoweBox battery with MPX connector. Fairly certain not connected incorrectly. Battery seems to have failed and will not accept charge. Perhaps when battery failed it took out regulator #2???2mgY9X1

Will send to Adam. Thx

No.

Battery connected to Battery 1 everything operates correctly.

When battery connected to battery 2, SR2 comes on with switch off.

When battery connected to battery 2, no ability to switch off

When battery connected to battery 2, battery capacity consumption counter increments 10mAH/second.

Help!!!

If I have 1 battery to connected to Battery, I experience the following behavior:

- Switch: Select power, tap button “I”, SR2 powers up

- Display shows

- Battery 1 voltage 8.1V, 0 mAh

- Battery 2 voltage 0.0V, 0 mAh

If connect battery 2 to SR2 while powered on

- Battery 1 voltage 8.1V, 0 mAh

- Battery 2 voltage 0.0V, mAh numbers increases rapidly

If I try to turn off with battery II connected, will not shut off

If I disconnect both batteries, when I plug battery II in, unit powers up.

Essentially SR2 Battery II not operating correctly.

What do I do?

Thanks

Confirmed SR2 RX1 connected to Primary 7108 S.BUS2 pin configured FASSTest. Link established, Telemetry Active. Selected Telemetry sensor PowerBox SLOT 16 on 32MZ defaulted to ID 0.

Switched to first unallocated ID (19) and now see SR2 telemetry values!

Thanks for your support!

PBS-T250 set to P2BUS using Terminal/USB with 2 temp sensors connected to SR2 TELE port. When I attempt to create temp telemetry widget, I do not see the T250 nor is it featured under the SR2 telemetry values.

Is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

Setup:

Competition SR2:

- Radio System - S.BUS2

- RX1 connected to SBUS2

- TELE (not currently used)

R7108SB:

- Default FASSTest mode

- SBUS.2 port -> SR2

32MZ:

- FASSTest

- Telemetry reload; Select PowerBox in slot 16

The issue is we are not seeing any PowerBox SR2 telemetry values (voltage, capacity, etc.). We do see Rx voltage.

Questions -

- is setup correct?

- Is the SR2 telemetry stream passed over RX1 connection using S.BUS2 or do I need to connect the SR2 TELE? If so where do I connect?

- what telemetry values does SR2 support over S.BUS2?

- is TELEconverter required?

Thanks

Thanks Rich. Here’s the edge case that creates the issue -

- connect batt1; power up

- disconnect batt 1

- connect batt 1 + batt 2

- power up

- Pioneer battery 1 active; battery 2 offline although physically connected (also Pioneer won’t power down)

On the other backers, the user explicitly activates each battery and there is positive feedback from the switch (1 LED/battery) and the display, with Pioneer of course no screen and a single LED. This makes telemetry super important, although some new users may not be aware of importance or how to set up.

Net - there exist Pioneer conditions where user may assume combined battery capacity when only 1 available which amplifies the need for battery telemetry widget. Given this, why not explicitly inform Pioneer customers in manual, online or perhaps, auto-create widget? Might be helpful for those new to CORE, new to Pioneer and/or new to the value of telemetry. Another idea might be to more clearly explain switch LED behavior - “if long press followed by short press does not result in powering off, then…”, “solid green means at least 1 battery, check CORE telemetry to confirm battery 2…”, “fast blink means…”