Posts by Harry Curzon

Hello,

I have an Igyro 3e set to delta mode by using a PC. It is working properly. But I am confused about how to set the gyro's travel limits. Do I just need to move the sticks to their ends the first time I switch it on after using the PC?

I want to use Jeti RSat2 with Cockpit SRS, Demon Cortex Pro, and Jeti telemetry sensors. I can get the Jeti, CortexPro and Cockpit SRS to work if I use the RSat2 EXT socket, with Jeti and Cockpit set to Jeti EX. But there is a way to add Jeti telemetry sensors? The Cockpit does not allow sensors to be plugged into it, and the Ext socket on the RSats is used to connect to the Cortex/Cockpit. If I connect the CortexPro to the RSat PPM socket set to UDI, and change the Cockpit to Jeti UDI so that the Ext socket on the RSat is available for sensors, it does not work as the CortexPro does not understand UDI.

So is there any way to use the RSats, CortexPro, Cockpit SRS, AND have telemetry sensors?

Hello,

I am about to make the first flight of a Jet Legend F-4 with an iGyro 3e. The model is well known for pitching up at full power, and pitching down with flap. Normally I would use mixing or flight mode trims to compensate for this. This is my first time with an iGyro on elevator, should I let the gyro compensate for the trim in normal mode, or should I still do mixing/flight mode trims in the transmitter? Will it be safe to run the elevator in heading mode all the time, and if so will that compensate for the trim differences?

Hello,

For several years I have been using your JR connector, part number 1060, with your premium cable. They have been the best and easiest to make of the different brands I have tried. Recently I have had a number of packets in which several of the plastic housings would not let the metal connectors be pushed in - they go in a few mm but then hit a block of some sort. I cannot even force them in with pliers. It is like there is a tiny lip of plastic inside the housing that stops the metal connector from being pushed in. I take the next plastic housing from the packet and the metal pins go straight in with no problem, then the next plastic housing from the packet will not let the metal connector in, and so on. I have had to throw away a lot of the plastic housings.

Has any one else mentioned this problem? Can you suggest a solution to it?

Thanks

Harry

Hello,

Before using the igyro the model has been trimmed, so the servo signals are no longer 1500 microseconds when sticks are at neutral. To use an igyro do I need to adjust the servo pushrods so that the servos can be reset to 1500 microseconds at stick neutral, or does igyro recognise the new neutral value when it is switched on?

Thanks
    Harry

Hello,

I fly from a bumpy grass runway. Is it okay to take-off with the gyro in heading mode or should I take-off in normal mode and switch to heading mode after take off?

Hello,
    I would like to fit a 3e to a jet model - English Electric Lightning. It's wheels retract mostly backwards so there is a very big change in the elevator trim when the wheels go up or down. The flaps also cause a big elevator trim change. At the moment I use the transmitter flight modes to have different trims with wheels up/down, flaps up/down. I believe that would make the 3e reduce the gain since it thinks I have moved the control stick away from centre? Can I use the 3e in attitude assist mode on elevator, remove the transmitter's different trim positions, and let the 3e attitude assist take care of the very different trim settings?

If I use the 3e with attitude assist on elevator and aileron, and I pull a lot of elevator for a loop, does it reduce the gain just for elevator or does it reduce the gain for aileron too?

I am considering a Royal SRS with powerbus to the servos at the tail of my jet. There are 5 servos in the tail, the Bus to PWM converter has 4 outputs. Do I need to fit the second bus just for one more servo, or can another PWM converter be fitted to the output of the first in order to give me 5 servos from one bus?