Posts by wlayne

I cut the terminal lug that is on the temperature sensor and crimp a new larger stainless steel lug over the sensor and mount it under my CM6 spark plug it has been working for me on several engine installations. if you are very careful you can remove the original lug completly and replace it with the larger lugbut you have to take care not to damage the sensor if doing this.

Richard I've had similar problems with my PWM adapters. I've had 4 that had one or more ports stop working with the output voltage dropping down to 2v or lower. they were replaced and returned to Adam to be forward to you for inspection. just wandering if anything was found so I can decide if I should continue to use them or is there some thing that I'm doing wrong.

after rereading the manual and some trial and error I was able to get the second RPM sensor working by bring up the first rpm sensor in the P2 bus display then clicking Addr button it scans and displayed the second sensor.

I'm trying to setup the telemetry sensors in my plane, I'm using the Royal SRS with a PBR-9 and PBR-26 receiver I have installed 2 PBS-250 temp sensors, 2 PBS-RPM sensors and a PBS-P16 pressure sensor. My problem is that every time I connect the second RPM sensor the first one disappears from my telemetry display. I have checked the polarity and and integrity of my extensions several times, even bypassing them with the same results. Also reset the sensor using the terminal program to the default PB setting.and last question is what settings do I need to set the RPM sensor to for a dual ignition inline twin 0X, 1X, 2X Please let me know if I am missing something. I should mention this is on my Core system

Thanks Wayne

Hello Richard,

I was setting up the gyro in my plane and decided to do a dry run through the testfly assistant and I noticed that as I increased the gain for the axis the flight controls were not responding even at 100% they only responded to the gyro after I locked in the gain for that axis and moved on to the next axis. I checked my friends Royal and it did the same thing both have the latest update ver 20. I have noticed on previous setup flights that I was able to dial in 100% gain with no oscillation only to have to lower on subsequent flights. Can you take a look at this or is there something that I'm missing.

Thanks Wayne

Hello, my question is can the unused slots of the PBS-T250 be used as a hub to pass through for other tele sensors to the receiver. I'd like to eliminate a y cable if possible for the RPM sensor.

hello Richard, I did not have a power box in my plane but at one point I did display the lost frames on my transmitter and they were slowly counting up at about 1 or 2 lost frames every 5 to 10 seconds. this was with the plane sitting about 30 feet from me. I will now add it to my widgets just keep an eye on it.

Hello Richard, can you go into more detail on the setting of the alarms for the LQI on this page

I was flying at an event in Las Vagas this weekend and while I had no issues with my plane my alarms were going off constantly during my flight. I was temped to turn the alarms of completely. What are the values on the right side of the page doing for me should they be set lower as well even with them set to 35 or below I was still getting alarms throughout the flight. Another flyer with the core was having the same issues and his LQI values dropping as low as 2 but like mine only on 1 antenna the other would remain in the high 90's. This field is known the be a very changeling RF environment.

Thanks Wayne

The purpose of the IBEC (Ignition battery elimination circuit) is to power the ignitions using the receiver batteries and saving the added weight and space of carrying more batteries while keeping any ignition noise from affecting the radio system. My plane is large but very limited on space and having to meet the US weight limit means the weight of the 4 batteries needed for the twin ignitions of each engine (3w150R2's) had to be eliminated. SparkSwitch's are great products but don't meet my need to loose the added battery weight.

Hello Richard,

I'm using the PWM adapter to power the 2 IBEC's powering the ignitions for my P-38. both IBEC's for the left engine are plugged into one port of the adapter using a multi servo connector block. I've had 2 PWM modules fail and cause the engine to flame out one in flight. the port seem to work when first turned on until I start the engine and after a few seconds the voltage from the port (3) the IBEC's are connected to drops to around 2 volts, I programmed port 4 to the correct channel and moved the IBEC's to that port and It worked fine for one flight now that port has failed in the same manner. the PWM adater is rated to 20 AMP's but how much can each port handle, both ignitions at full throttle should be pulling no more that 2-3 amps combined. Should I just use the signal from the PWM adapter to control the IBEC's and feed them power from a separate source or run them from 2 separate ports on the PWM adapter. Looking to see if there is something that I'm missing before throwing in another PWM module, the one on my right engine is setup the same and has not had a problem so far.

Thanks Wayne

I'm looking to purchase a new radio and the Core is on my short list but there is one feature that I'm very interested in having and I'd like to know if you have it or are planning to add it. I would like to have the ability for the telemetry sensor data to control a channel function. for example be able to use the airspeed data to control the flap function or a number of other functions.

Thanks Wayne