Posts by Kjell Aa

First of all, make sure you have the latest firmware update installed.
    Yours is two years old, and does not support Core

I have a Uni Log 2, and I suppose they work and connect in the same way.
    The UniLog has a plug marked "Rx" and from there I plug it into the P2bus on the Core receiver.

The Uni-Sense says that you can plug it into any free channel, but I would also try the P2bus there also.

Kjell

The last resort is going to be done over the weekend, when I can borrow someones Spektrum radio and see if it will work there.
    If not, Ill get a new ESC for my local dealer.

Kjell

My ESC is a 100 amp. The one you are referring to is a 130 to 160 amps.

Here's the manual for mine: spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Avian-Manual-EN.pdf

On page 7 is where it starts, and ends for my part.

ESC/Radio Calibration
    1. Begin with the transmitter powered on at full throttle.
    2. Connect a battery to the ESC. The motor will emit a series of three
    ascending tones.
    3. The motor will emit two short tones to indicate the high throttle position
    has been accepted.

I never get to item #3, it goes directly to en endless "single beep" as described on page 16.

"Motor won’t operate and continues to emit tones"

"One short tone repeating"
    This one gives you two options:

The throttle input is not at the low position
    Throttle range is set too narrow

I can't get around this.

I've tried throttle ranges from sthe standard +/- 100% up to +/150%.

Tried to reverse the direction of the throttle.

Horizon hobby ndicated a faulty ESC, and sent me off to our local dealer

Kjell

I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum, but I give it a try anyway,

Has anyone got any E-Flite model type PNP Smart in operation?
    I cannot get the ESC to recognize the receiver and it's throttle setting.
    All I get is a series of single tones, indicating to possible reasons:

The throttle input is not at the low position -- always at lowest possible position.
    Throttle range is set too narrow -- set to -100%, even tried -200%

Anyone have any experience with this?

Kjell

if you want to trim the nose wheel, create a function called just that. Then assign the RO-A or -B as input, and the nose wheel servo as output.

Reduce the servo travel to e.g 10%, then you're done.

Kjell

Yes, you can.

Just select the max time (6.0 sec) and click the time indicator, then increase the time using "++" or "+"

Kjell

I see that, but the best I can get by sliding the values are still -95%, not to -99%

Would it be possible to add the familiar "<<" and "<" arrows here to adjust these values?

As it it now, the timer stops at -95%, but the motor is still running.

Kjell

I want to set the stop value (red) at -100 %, and the start value from -99% to +100%. This os for a "Motorlaufzeit" timer.
    Is there any specific reason this can't be done?
    The photo shows the closest I can get.

it might be nitpicking, but I'd like to to show precise values, -95% and -92% is a bit, well unprecise.

Kjell

How do you set the Stick-C range to get the Motorlaufzeit timer started?
    It should start whenever you move the stick away from -100%

Also, how do you set the Virtual switch to stop the Motorlaufzeit timer?
    It should be active until you pass -99%

Kjell

just make sure you set the throttle servo to go to -100% when the cut-off is activated.

Standard is 0% which is half throttle.

Don't ask how I found out.....

Kjell

Und den Aufwand um eine Funktion zu kopieren, wobei die Servonummer evtl. nicht gleich sind und auch die Wege und Richtungen anzupassen sind?

Not all functions are suitable for such a copy functionality. If they're not, then just don't put them in the library/repository.

I always have the motor on "servo 1", and on all electric powered model, I always assign a servo cut-off on servo 1, triggered by a safety switch, along with speech output saying "Motor active" or "Motor not active".

On Benziner Modelle I switch the ignition on/off using the same safety switch and a bit different speech output.
    Definitely suitable for such a functionality.

//K

it can be done using a function library, or repository if you like.

When you click on a function, there could be a "save function to repository" button.

Likewise, when creating a new function, a similar "import from repository" button.

Pressing that one should open the file manager where you can pick the function you want to import.

This can be done as long as all the definitions and settings for a function is stored as a complete segment in the xml-file, and can be identified by name.

If the definitions are spread around in the xml, then it can't be done. At least not without a lot of programming.

//K