Posts by tvessie

hello!

so I have a Cockpit SRS, with iGyro SRS and two Jeti R3’s plugged into the iGyro SRS. Can you please go over the proper connections please? Like where do I plug in the iGyro SRS to the Cockpit SRS, then where do I plug in the Jeti R3 receivers into the iGyro SRS? I just wanna make sure everything is plugged into the proper ports?

Thank you!

Tom

thank you Richard for your reply. I measured the V from the patch cable/wire from the 3 pin white connector out of the the iGyro SRS at the other end at the standard 3 pin JR type connector on the positive and negative side

Hey PB!

So I've got in my setup a PB Cockpit SRS, an iGyro SRS and two Jeti RX's plugged into the iGyro multiplex ports. Everything works great!!!! Is there some reason the iGyro SRS output voltage is 3.3V? Why doesn't the iGyro SRS take whatever output voltage from the Cockpit SRS, mine is set at 5.9V cause I don't have high voltage servos, and pass that voltage onto the Jeti RX's through the patch cables? On both my Competition SRS's, no iGyro SRS installed, I put a voltmeter to the patch cable from the PB to the Jeti RX and in fact, I read 5.9 volts. But when I put a voltmeter to the Cockpit SRS patch cable coming from the iGyro SRS, I read 3.3 volts.

I'm just curious for an explanation, I'm sure the way I have it set up will work fine for flight, I did verify that all my servos are getting 5.9V from the PB when I touch a voltmeter to the servo wires.

thanks!

send your radio in for a check of the RF module. I had the same issue and after multiple failsafe shutdowns and high fades, frame losses and holds, I had no other solution except to check out the radio.

Hello PB. So I have a Jetcat Telemetry sensor that on one end of the wire is an end that is plugged into the Jetcat ECU, then other end of the wire is a 4 pin Molex type connector that looks like it plugs into the side of the Cockpit/Competition SRS. My questions are:

1. Is that what that port on the side is for?

2. How would I be able to have ECU telemetry data sent from the Competition SRS to the Jeti DS16?

Thank you in advance!

Tom

so that's your answer to our problem with failed updates? "Works fine here...." You might as well have shrugged your shoulders and said "oh well" Is that how it's gonna be with support from your end with any other issue that arises? Failed updates with the LCD screen going blank and the update "hanging" up on the PB Terminal program is very frustrating to say the least. I'm searching for an answer as to why this keeps happening. Is it cause the units themselves are old? Is it cause the PB Terminal program is old? Is it cause my computer is old? I've seen a few threads posted here now with the same issues with updates, and there seems to be no definitive answer. BTW, you still haven't answered my post on Cockpit SRS/Competition SRS thread about this failed update problem. Throw us a bone here PB team!

Thanks!

Tom

OK, I had the same issue updating from V27 to V28 and the LCD screen blanked out, now I have no idea where the menu is at on the unit?!?!?!

Yes I tried the restore function of the PB terminal, that didn't work either. I've tried to update two of my Competition SRS units to V28 and now both units have blanked out LCDs!!!!!!!!! So now two airplanes are down due to an update issue that should otherwise be a routine update, as those units are on the way to FL for recovery! Is there a reason why this keeps happening? Very frustrating to say the least that every time you folks publish an update, I try to install the update, the LCD screens go blank and unable to recover, then send units to your folks in FL.

Tom

Hey Richard, just a little feedback. I did what you mentioned to do to setup aileron diff, and it worked like a champ! I pushed the aileron stick full left, then started the servo match function, took away about 5 degrees of down aileron, then repeated that with aileron stick full right. No adverse yaw now! Hate those axial rolls. Thanks again!!

Tom

Hey PB folks!

Can you please provide the step by step procedures for setting the aileron differential with the servo-match function? I have 1 servo per aileron and I wish to make the downward aileron move less down than the up aileron to prevent the adverse yaw effect of the down aileron. I have R aileron plugged into A1 and L aileron plugged into A2. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Tom

thank you Richard! Sure do appreciate you and your team! BTW, Powerbox Americas and your staff you have in Florida have been a pleasure to work with. Andy is super to deal with and has been always available for technical support. Keep up the good work!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

sincerely,

Tom

happy holidays! So I’m trying to set up failsafe shutdown for my Jetcat. Here is my setup:

DX18

Cockpit SRS

iGyro SRS

Jetcat 140RXi with V10 ECU

The failsafe shutdown setup with the Mercury and Competition is very straight forward, but for some reason following the same procedures for the Cockpit SRS with iGyro SRS isn’t commanding a shutdown when I turn off the radio. I even tried hooking up a servo to the throttle port on the Cockpit SRS to see if the servo moved when the transmitter was turned off, but no movement from the servo at all. I made sure the throttle channel was set at FS, my idle travel was about 20% below normal travel, taught the failsafe in the Cockpit SRS, then put idle travel back to normal, turned off transmitter, still no failsafe shutdown of turbine. Any ideas please?

thank you!

sincerely,

Tom

Hello Powerbox!!

I have an older version Competition SRS, SN:099734 that when powered up, does not indicate latest version software installed, nor on setup screen do I have an option to PC control. The only options I have to chose from are:

SERVO-MATCHING

RX/TX-SETTINGS

POWER MANAGER

RESET: (in this option, RESET MATCHING and RESET OUTPUT MAP are the only two things to chose)

I've tried the Powerbox Terminal hook-up, but doesn't recognize the Competition as connected. Also, most of the words are in German as well. How do I get this thing to display English and bring the software up to current?

Thank you!!!

Tom

Hey PB!

I'm sure this has been asked before, this is the setup I have,

DX18 Radio

Spektrum TM1000

Cockpit SRS

Jetcat telemetry module

I have a few open ports on the Cockpit SRS, is it just a matter of binding the TM1000 to the radio, then plug the data cable from the TM1000 to any open port/channel on the Cockpit SRS? The telemetry module will be plugged into the Jetcat ECU, and I'm trying to get data from the ECU sent to the DX18.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Tom

Hey Powerbox!

I’m sure this question has been asked and answered, but I have to ask it again. I’m using the Powerbox Cockpit SRS with the DX18 transmitter, 1 servo per aileron. I would like to setup aileron differential, and I’m not sure how to do that. Is that done in the radio or is there someway to do that in the Cockpit SRS? I have both left and right aileron plugged into port A, right aileron is servo 1, left aileron is servo 2. As of right now, both left/right ailerons deflect the same amount in both up/down travel which will cause adverse yaw, and would like to have a little less down aileron than up aileron, say 20 millimeters up right aileron, 15 millimeters down left aileron. Thanks again for you help!!!!!

Sincerely,

Tom