Posts by bem

Mit Multiplex M-Link signal im CORE sender - nur ein 2.4 GHz signal, nichr zwei(redundante 2.4GHz Übertragung)?

/Bo

There is a video from Jet World Masters (JWM) 2019 on Youtbe (see below), they talk in Russia in the video but with help of Subtitles turned on to language You understand You will be able to know what is said in the video. They say in the video it was two radio controlled cameras and one WiFi network in vicinity that was the cause for the interference at the flying site. They say in the video it was the police that had the equipment that casued the interferance.
    One can see in the video that some pilots struggled with their models while flying/landing and some actually crashed.
    I suppose lesson learned is that at events like this and similar it is probably best to measure interference before flights is allowed.
    Not sure if smaller events can have recources for that? In the video it is shown some goverment staff that came with bus and equipment to measure with spektrum analyzer. But how can we hobbists in easy and reliable way measure interference when we fly at clubs or at smaller events to be sure it is not something in vicinity that transmit on 2.4 GHz and that can cause such interference that it affect or 2.4 GHz radios? Not all have a CORE radio and can get rescue that way for interferance, like they had at JWM 2019.

/Bo

At JetPower 2018 Powerbox Systems showed this current sensor specification (not sure if it is valid today):

Maybe they have more current sensors then this below in work.

Power Sense 100

Current sensor up to 100 amp.
    Voltage up to 12 cell LiPo.
    Connects between ESC and battery, no additional cables necessary.
    Data output also for voltage and capacity.
    Super fast resonse time with PowerBox P-Bus.
    Fits also for other telemetry systems M-link (Multiplex), Hott (Graupner/SJ) and Futaba.
    Comes with XT90 connectors.
    Dimensions 37 x 26 x 11 millimeter.
    Weight 33 gram (1.164 oz).

/Bo

So did they find out what it was with the radio controlled cameras that interfered with the flyers/pilots radio controls?
    Nice that the CORE radios was able to withstand the interference.
    /Bo

Hi,

Should it not be some sort of veryfing that the model data really is correct after a disk check/repair, so one can be 100% sure the data is exactly as before (when model data was OK)? Or is a "checkdisk" that do check/repair so good that one can be 100% sure all data (files) including the model data is correct then on the SD card?
    I'm thinking mostly about safety, there is alot of data in a saved "model" and some could be very crusial for safe flying. I suppose there should be an automatic display of a report of a check/repair of the SD card and it's content so user can see what errors(s) was encountered (if any) and result of any repair - if errors found: a) report contain if all errors was reparied, and b) any errors left uncorrected report should show that also. I suppose if any error(s) left uncorrected it should not be possible to even load a model into the TX since it should not be safe to fly with any model selected because of any such error. Then user have to copy in whole new content from a known good backup of SD card.

/Bo

I thought there was an additional internal memory where the CORE TX read all models from.
    What else other then models is stored on the SD card for the CORE?

Seems one drawback of using SD card for saved model data has been reveald in this thread (unintended shut down of TX).
    Hopefully a shutdown feature in next Update as mentioned will fix this problem.

What other drawbacks can it be using SD card as only and internal memory in a TX?

SD card do fail and they have a limited number of writes (probably irelevant in this case), non-volatile EEPROM (Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory) should last longer and probably be more reliable?

That a SD card can not easily be removed without need to open the TX case and unscrew some screws as with CORE seems little unfriendly in my opinion, but maybe needed in case a SD card is used as internal memory for better reability?
    Maybe it is easier to get corrupted (model) data on a SD card (compared to non-volatile EEPROM) as internal memory?

I do not have a CORE radio but I follow what happen with it in this forum. On my own radio it is a non-volatile memory EEPROM as internal memory (that store models and settings data) and also a SD card where models (and sounds, pictures etc) is stored, and one can copy data to/from internal memory (non-volatile EEPROM) and SD card (and vice versa). And the SD card is easily accessible under a hatch so it can be taken out and inserted easily by user. The SD card is used at upgrades of firmware also on my radio.

Just curious, what happen if SD card fail during a flight? I suppose no problem but…

Obvious different solutions to where Model data can be stored.

/Bo

Hi,

Is it possible to update this list some so it is in line with current status (what has been done and what remain that has been decided to be released in foreseen future)? Press "Display More".

As far as I understand some of the main features that still remain is:

- The acapela TTS (Text To Speach) voice support.
    - The possibility to update transmitter and receivers via Wifi.

- Futaba S.BUS support.

- Maybe some planned use of the 9-axis motion sensor and the GPS in the transmitter?

- Someting more?

/Bo

Notice wthat he place on the gigantic CONCORDE wing in the biginning of the video, that stear this magnificent 10 meter long 149 kg plane:

/Bo

Scale 1/6

CONCORDE von Otto Widlroither

Span: 4 m / 13 ft.

Lenght: 10 m / 33 ft.

Height: 1.85 m / 6.1 ft.

Weight: 149 Kg / 328.5 pounds

Turbine: 4x JetCat P300 Pro

Fuel Tanks Capacity: 4x6 liters / 5.8 Gallons (UK)

Gears: Pneumatic

Radio: PowerBox CORE

Receiver: PowerBox PBR-26D

Servos: 18x HACKER TD2612S

Air Tank: 30 liters

The fuselage and wings is made of carbon fibre sandwich

Kit: Self made

1 year computer construction planning

2 years of building

Hi,

Can You explain what Early Bird edition mean compared to a non Early Bird edition that will be released later in 2020?

What differences is it supposed to be?
    Why is it an Early Bird edition in the first place - I do not think I have heard that any other RC manufaturer has released any radio under such edition name before.

Maybe an Early Bird edition is close to a "beta" release by other manufacturer?
    I have heard of beta software in other radios but not beta hardware.

Please clarify for us that are no die hard Powerbox Systems CORE fans (yet), that might have knowledge of such as Early Bird edition and what it mean.

/Bo

At Jetpower 2018 in Sept it was shown "Power Sense 100", where voltage and capacity (mAh) can be monitored.
    I do not know if and when it will be released.

Specification in the video shows:

Current sensor up to 100 amp.

Voltage up to 12 cell LiPo.

Connects between ESC and battery, no additional cables necessary.

Data output also for voltage and capacity.

Super fast resonse time with PowerBox P-Bus.

Fits also for other telemetry systems M-link (Multiplex), Hott (Graupner/SJ) and Futaba.

Comes with XT90 connectors.

Dimensions 37 x 26 x 11 millimeter.

Weight 33 gram (1.164 oz).

regards,

Bo

Source:

Video below, at 11:36 - 12.25.

Hi,

Is it any FAI F3A competitions flyers here that use CORE radio yet?

I talked to a world top F3A flyer some days ago at one competition and we talked a little about the CORE radio and what he have heard about it for F3A flying demands. He gave some info he had that was not so positive I'm afraid in one important area. I suppose sooner or later it should come to Powerbox Systems awarness via various competition flyers and other flyers. Anyway, I'm interested if anyone here is using a CORE radio and fly FAI F3A with it yet and how You like the radio for F3A flying, and also what radio You had before when flying F3A?

/Bo

Should it not be any warning (beeps) from TX to user when transmitter has been turned on for a specific amount of time without user input?
    That way a user may have a chance to turn off the radio if it was left on by accident.
    In the CORE user manual it is written:

"Never allow the transmitter to become deep-discharged!"
    So how can that be prevented?
    I suppose voltage alarms according to what is written in CORE manual is one solution to this problem:

"The transmitter is fitted with two internal 7.2V Li-Ion batteries of 3400 mAh capacity. Sensible alarm values would be 6.8V for an orange alarm, and 6.6V for a red alarm." At least if it beeps at these voltage thresholds and user is nearby it will give the user a chance to turn off the TX if it was left On by accident. Is it any other clever way?

Many radios has auto Power off after transmitter has been turned on for a specific amount of time without user input.

But in the CORE user manual it is written:

"For safety reasons the CORE does not feature a battery cut-off."

When You want to switch off the CORE radio and press 1 time on the On/Off button (blinking red), and then forget to press a second time - what happen in that situation? Is the transmitter still On and will remain On and red blinking will stop after some amount of time or will it continue to blink red until battery is drained?

Why does the charge process behaved as Norman described, after starting a charge efter fully drained batteries:

"Left on charge and red charge lights went out after 20 mins, did not change to green".
    So why did the charge lights go from red to no light after 20 min? Should it not remain red until it goes to green after about 3.5 hours (it will take to fully charge from empty batteries)?
    And he also wrote that on a later attempt to charge:
    "Charge again stopped, no red or green lights."
    It seems the charging of his TX is not quite reliable always?

/Bo

If You want to can move it over there or delete it here, my thinking was that it had a connection with this subject of a CORE transmitter in another color (black carbon in this case).

/Bo