Posts by Rudolf

Hi,

App is really not crashing, can happen that suddenly stop work, and it's a know Apple iOS issue not only for our App, and Apple recommends actions in that case as are in the link, I posted above. iOS is only program, and can have bugs as well.

Update do not need any special notes. Update updates the unit firmware for a new version. The update does not impact any previous settings in the unit.

Regarding the setup, you mentioned, I'm honestly confused. Please give me more details. The mode of gyro is not controlled by the app, but by the gain signal from TX.

Here is screenshot, please try to explain your issue on the screenshot as example.

regards

rudi

Hello,

please I need more details what's wrong in iOS App during the iGyro 3e settings. Can't see anything, all is normally working, all is able to setup and iGyro 3e is working in the plane as well.

thanks

rudi

EDIT: I updated one iGyro 3e from V4 to V5, that gyro I'm using in Superfly 60, after update all is working normally, not changed the setup. Of course you can't reset the device, because in case of reset you will lose all settings.

EDIT2: In case, if App was unexpected closed, then please have a look into https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201398 in that thread you will see 4 great steps to solve it. 5th step is contact the developer, if nothing from above is working. I'm sure, that the update will remove your problem, if exists

Hello Aviram,

if the update stuck on the initial phase, then the bootloader is corrupted and the rescue will be not successful. In that case, the device needs to reprogram in PowerBox.

I'm sorry, statistically, it is a rare case but can happen.

regards

rudi

Hi Rainer,

it is not only Microsoft with new stupid limitations, it is Apple as well and Google for Android the same. They are not helping to users, but to vendors of hardware and software, always more expensive, not cheaper :-D

This "feature" is ignoring the power-management settings of Windows, you can set up "never disconnect", it will disconnect, etc....... sometimes we developers are really mad from all those "features" :-D

rudi

For explanation, the latest Windows 10 update 2004 is putting USB serial connection to speed 75baud per second! If Laptop is running from batteries, it is not an error as explained Microsoft, it is a feature.

Silicon labs commented on this problem:

"Currently, CP210x Driver for Windows 10 version 2004 has not been supported yet.

We are trying our best to make the update for this driver.

The new update will be available on https://www.silabs.com/product…o-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers soon.

Thanks and Best regards,

Ha Nguyen"

But we will not wait a couple of months for some new driver, we will release our own driver in the next couple of days.

I'm happy that rescue was successful

rudi

Bitte schließen Sie das Ladegerät an den Laptop an, das Update wird sofort schnell sein!

Schließen Sie während des Updates das Ladegerät an Ihren Laptop an, und Sie werden sofort einen schnellen Fortschritt sehen.

Gruss

rudi

Danke, Rainer, tolle Erklärung, ich werde dein Handbuch in die App einfügen :-)

Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, wenn Sie Vario gerettet haben.

Gruss

rudi

Es tut mir leid, in Vario Rescue war Fehler. Es ist jetzt behoben und Richard wird Terminal 3.1.6 mit diesem Bugfix veröffentlichen. Falls das Update für Vario unterbrochen wurde, meldete Rescue eine falsche Meldung mit einer inkompatiblen Version.

Entschuldigung Entschuldigung Entschuldigung ...........

Gruss

rudi

As I explained earlier, a 10-second countdown is needed for switching of the unit to program mode - preparing the unit for programming. In the case of GPS II it is indicated by slow/fast blinking: after 10 seconds fast blinking - the unit is prepared for programming/setup. I think that it is absolutely clear, even we use working preparation or wait or something else.

The app is working in the absolutely same way as in the past, nothing was changed in connection with the unit. It is still one method: send request/receive response if the unit is ready/prepared....

Honestly, I can't see anything strange in that

have a nice evening

rudi

The app is able to connect to GPSII only if the unit is ready, fast blinking, nothing else. If GPSII is not ready, then does not matter what app you used, the app will not connect. Therefore when you connected GPSII to Terminal, successfully, then the unit was fast blinking. When GPSII is blinking slow, then is not responding to command sent from the terminal. It's the reason, why in all apps is 10 seconds waiting cycle. As advised Richard, if you connect GPSII to the battery, without any other connections, USB adapter or BlueCom, then exactly 10 seconds will bling slow and after 10 seconds start fast blinking - READY. Really, no mystery, no miracles :-)

rudi

Hi Rainer,

honestly, the connection establishing method is absolutely the same in all apps :-) Sending request for data, nothing else. And unit will respond if all is okay, or will not respond. Therefore I'm sure, that when you connected the unit to terminal, something was changed, because after sending the request if device is ready, device respond.

I'm happy that you connected the GPSII

rudi

Hello Rainer,

yes, Richard is right, if GPSII is blinking slow, then does no matter what app you will use, connection will be not established. Wait for fast blinking and then start setup.

regards

rudi

Es ist natürlich unbedingt erforderlich, den USB-Adapter an den USB-Anschluss des Computers anzuschließen! Ohne den angeschlossenen Adapter kann das Terminal ihn nicht verwenden und meldet "Kein USB-Adapter".

Und wenn Sie das angeschlossene Gerät nicht über eine externe Batterie mit Strom versorgt haben, funktioniert es nicht. Der USB-Adapter kann das angeschlossene Gerät nicht mit Strom versorgen. Sie können den Adapter zerstören, wenn Sie beispielsweise Royal mit 10 Servos verbinden.

rudi