Posts by Fireblade5437

Richard, just installed 2.72 appears all ok, now have mono back ie stereo earphones fully connected in socket and I can hear same both L and R so I can use with one earphone only

👍 Thanks

Alan

I would not want to have to use both earphones, when I have plugged in earphones I have only ever plugged in the left ear leaving my right ear free to hear for emergencies such as another flyer calling out ‘dead stick’ etc with my type of earphones if I plugged both in I would hear nothing from the ‘outside world’ another point if I had problem with one of my jets (some have alarm programmed telemetry some do not) such as flame out, I would not hear immediately the lack of turbine sound with two earphones in, so I would only ever use one.

Now though with separated channels I would miss some info

Alan

You have to learn with Acapella that you can make pronunciations different by inserting ‘spaces’ or commas ‘,’ or extra letters as Richard pointed out out. It is also about controlling the speed at which Acapella speaks at etc

Alan

Hi there,

the update worked 1 A. No signs of failure so far.

I think it's ok with the volume. If you need it louder, you should use an earphone.

VG

Guido

ummmm no! It was ok with volume before..so if you have update to your tv and volume down 50% or lower you will be happy to put headphones on then? 😳

Also I had to send my Core back to Powerbox to have speaker replaced and I was happy with results and now you are suggesting that I should just use earphone! I wished you would have recommended that before as it would have saved me sending it back to Germany 🙄

Alan

Richard

Just updated to 2.70 all went ok, one item I noticed immediately that voice volume has decreased. I use RO-B and normally have at 50% after upgrading to V2.70 I have had to turn up to 100%? The volume has decreased by quite a large amount, at field with engines running I think I would have problem hearing it now. I have checked and all volumes including master are set at 100%

My Tx came back to Powerbox for speaker replacement and added resistor I take it this is not being affected by the software change, by you lowering the overall volume level? The volume was loud before on V2.65 and as only decreased when updated to V2.70

Also time is out by one hour, mine is showing Europe time I have had to reset in manual then put back into auto to show UK time obviously one hour less than Europe etc

Alan

Richard

Have sent this but with pictures via messenger

Going to send Core back to you to finally get voice / sound repaired as this slowly gets worse the longer Tx is switched on for.

My question is about customs that obviously I need to fill in correctly here in the UK before sending.

1. Your VAT number (not sure if I have correct)

2. Your EORI number

3. HS Tariff code for the core sender (most end up as tv remote 🙄)

Thanks if you can help

Alan Cooke

UK

Guys keep going on about the sound quality with the vario talking etc but the original problem with the quality of the voice (nothing to do with volume or vario) still exists ...

For example volume at 50% and 'gear up' gear down 'as a spoken message I can guarantee after 1-1.5hrs the spoken quality deteriorates noticeably but as soon as you shut down Tx and restart it spoken voice quality is back but leave it 1-1.5 or more hours, quality dips again and after another restart quality back again …… done this many times and this was the original problem that others were reporting even before vario etc

I am not say guys are not having issues with vario and voice etc just that I still have the original fault

Alan

Richard, this is exactly the voice problem that I still have with mine if I leave on for long time example approx 1hour plus etc the voice deteriorates, as soon as you restart Core the voice immediately clear again. Not a problem flying petrol/jets but now use on gliders etc

Alan

Well both models I was using have been in the Tx a long time and for it to freeze and then to have to reset it and have return to its previous model surly is down to data crash/lock? Like I said not good as I was about to fly and would have lost timer. Never had this on previous software versions apart from last but one version when it locked and then I lost all stored models. Obviously something is going on as l thought about guys reports about screens freezing recently ‘well I haven’t had that happen to me since loosing models’ well I have now!

Dealer where I brought my Core also witnessed this as he was at the airfield yesterday.

Like 5onic this was after a model change…..

Also I do not use fast start

Alan