Posts by SKYWARRIOR

Richard

Having problems with igyrosat on my core. The first part of moving tail etc is fine. Getting sticks to register is a problem, I have done this many times and yesterday with Dave Wilshere. We thought we had resolved it by setting the throw to 100% but it registered a red DONE but worked. However when re booted at home all settings lost. Then re set as your video online . First section okay white DONE then without touching anything more gyro works but stick section shows inactive. Reboot and gyro works but now both panels show inactive !

I have re installed software which was already 2.7 and the same thing occurs. It shows Done now in white when the process is finished but when the tx and rx are switched off and then on after 2 minutes it shows inactive BUT works fine. I am using a setting when finished of 35% for all surfaces at 100% ATV on the right hand knob but on a curve from 0-+100% and have removed the B side of 0 to - 100% after the all setting up with a 200% throw for easy set up. This has also been the experience with a second and third rx and new gyro sat units. In other words all three.

Is it safe to use this when it says INACTIVE and apparently works ?

I am sending video to your address

Richard

Having problems with igyrosat on my core. The first part of moving tail etc is fine. Getting sticks to register is a problem, I have done this many times and yesterday with Dave Wilshere. We thought we had resolved it by setting the throw to 100% but it registered a red DONE but worked. However when re booted at home all settings lost. Then re set as your video online . First section okay white DONE then without touching anything more gyro works but stick section shows inactive. Reboot and gyro works but now both panels show inactive !

Help please

Richard,

Hopefully it has rectified itself .

I went to try with second gyro but the screen would NOT go out of control with the first unit.

So tried second unit and it remained okay. Solid and even scanned two screens for two presses and one screen for one press as designed.

So let us hope that it is the end of this tale and I hope you have not spent too much time on it.

David

Richard,

It is just on the Gyro sat screen all others are pretty much okay except a slight reluctance to respond sometimes hence the use of stylus.

The GPS is and original version not GPS 11

David

I have just been offered by a friend who has a spare "iGyro sat" and `Core radio to test with his gyro to eliminate the gyro itself causing the problem since it seems to be confined to the gyro screen.

Do you want me to send the video to an email address ?

Well, that did not take long !

From being well behaved to being what you see in the video !

Tell me this is a local problem and does not require a factory visit please.

After a while it stabilises but then when you touch the arrows on either side of the Gyro screen its off running wild again.

Latest software on rx and tx 1.95 and 2.7

The trouble is the video is too big to upload and the minimum worth while sequence is 22mb

ONLY ON THE GYRO SETUP SCREEN ALL OTHERS ARE GOOD

Any advice please

David

PS There is a further ? when this is sorted . Does the original GPS "sensor" unit work with this or does it have to be the latest GPS module ?

Richard,

Thank you for you answers and I will note this for the future.

In respect of the sliding screen issue 24 hours later it has stabilised and is behaving itself with precision slides as requested.

So let us not waste anymore of your time on this until it does it again and maybe I give it to D/W at Motors Rotors to ship to you.

Until then thank you as always for you prompt and expert replies.

David

Richard,

It is only in this particular menu although the screen has been a little reluctant to respond instantly to touch screen commands hence me now using a stylus.

It works sometimes better than others but a reboot seems to solve the general problems but not the gyro one. I will try and send short video if you wish but I am sure you know what I am saying.

Trying to update RX and in this instance to see if that was the problem of RX needing update to solve this glitch

David

PS There is a further ? when this is sorted . Does the original GPS "sensor" unit work with this or does it have to be the latest GPS module ?

Richard,

Aplogies for some simplistic questions but cannot find the answer.

I am in the process of setting up to learn how to use a "Gyro I sat" with the PBR -9D.

I plugged in the gyro and started to try and set up the parameters but the screen kept sliding left right left with no apparent reason. Sometimes it stopped for a second but then carried on left then right!

Is this a software update needed?

Is there a list of current latest software for each item in Core ?

I tried,

1 Re boot Core Tx .. no effect

2 Holding one finger on the screen to freeze one screen whilst using my stylus to try and get information to the screen. It all started when I "Activated " the gyro.

3 Disconnect gyro and GPS unit and re boot.... no effect ( it did the same without the gyro plugged in !).

Re booted many time but no change. Firmware of 9D rx R0202G0102-01

The other problem is this may or may not be the latest firmware but can you guide me to the page that shows how to update via TX. Yes I know I must have done it if this number is the latest but have no real idea how?

Thank you for your patience

David

Richard ,

I have asked this question before but I convinced my batteries dont last as long as anyone else on this forum I certainly dont get 5-8 hours!! More like two if lucky before the batteries indicate 50% on the main screen. One battery always takes about 30 mins to align with the other one

Have any of the updates solved this please, and given us a tx ON/OFF timer that I understand was missing at conception.

I have searched the threads but can not come up with a solution.

Is there a way to set this and if so is it possible to show some screen shots please

David

There is one additional thing I found out when paging sensors and that is if you choose sensor, Unisens-e and then see the list of settings available, and choose all you want then click okay a changing single panel will appear on the screen, changing for each of your choices in one single panel.

This may suit you but I wanted separate panels for each setting and to do this you have to choose the first choice then press okay and it will appear, then the second choice then click okay etc etc . This will give you what I wanted separate panels dedicated to that reading only and not changing and much easier to disseminate say on their own page two maybe.

David

Hi,

I have just installed a Unisens-e in a Wind Pro S 2mt and I had to change the plug type. This caused a small hardware glitch but Stephan was exceptional with his attention to solve this and solve it we did. I am not sure what more info I would need and I don't even use the Vario aspect of this unit.

You can have real time info, or with an extra channel switch, flick from minimum to maximum use at the end of the flight which is really why I got it.

Maybe you can set voices but thats not for me on this one

David

Hi,

I am posting this to maybe stop someone else doing what I did inadvertently on the tx output screen seen here.

I had been updating the tx and needed to check the output was set to S Bus. The photo here shows it set correctly set after the event, however that is not the full story because in changing this setting I touched the channel output setting and did not notice it.

I use a tray and the arms of the tray require on to reach over and arms and with maybe not such accuracy as without.

This was then set to the first channel being servo/output 2 not 1.

Four hours later having thought that the Core had mode 1 or mode 2 ( which of course it does not ) I finally saw the mistake in the screen. This will move all channels up one place or more I believe if you wish. Thus when my electric motor failed to arm by not singing the last four notes of the bind process ( normally on channel 3 ) it was doing this because it was seeing my rudder channel,4 which had much reduced travel on the servo movement not the -100 NS +100 the ESC would liked to have seen.

So a lot of writing but maybe will save someone from being as stupid as me.

David

Hi,

As far as I can seen the the main menu I did change the title when I realised the mistake but Male I am not looking at the same menu.

I apologise if its still wrong but tell me where

David

Richard,

Sorry its still a problem and I am obviously missing something. I have recovered the firmware and it shows as per photo.

When I go to update and touch the rx icon on the tx screen it scans and returns to the photo. I do not get a screen with update options. Does this firmware mean it is up to date now . Where does it show the software version.

I would like to have avoided asking this but I simply am not sure if thats it

David

Richard,

I have connected the rx to my windows 10 computer in the correct way as shown in the support photos re update rx..

The red light remains on all the time unless disconnected at the PBus port.

The update program cannot find the rx despite 10 at least efforts of each button and reconnection to try and get it seen.

Any ideas please

David

Richard ,

I am having two problem with the same PBR-9D setup on a 10 S electric S Wind Pro. The rx was working fine until I had problem reconnecting a "Unisense " unit which I had adapted to 5mm connection from X90 . Whilst the red light is on the telemetry was not showing when scanned. ( IT previously worked fine but the cables were too long in total)/ I may have messed it up but thats not your problem here.

I found the rx was set to SLX/ 16 and changed it to S BUS..Is that correct?

It still fails to work so I thought I would check software on rx which was 1.8 so I decided to update to 2.5 using the tx. The system of update locked and refused to recognise the rx . Currently the rx is only showing a red light and never a green flashing one

Help please !

David

APOLOGIES I USED TO HAVE THIS PBR 8S RX IN THIS PLANE AND HAD TO CHANGE IT FOR THE PBR-9D TO GET THE TELEMETRY !